Please note, effective August 1, 2021 WE OFFER IN PERSON APPOINTMENTS ONLY IF VACCINATED, otherwise Telehealth is available. As we all know with the Covid 19 pandemic the situation is always changing. Right now the level of community spread of the virus is high and we are restricting in person visits for your children’s safety and ours. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PLEASE read ALL the information below before contacting us so we may serve you best!
- We are currently accepting new patients under 12 years of age only.
- In person new patient visits require vaccination (if eligible) see more information below.
- If you are seeking an comprehensive diagnostic evaluation (CDE) for ABA therapy, and that is the sole reason you are contacting us, we do not provide one time assessment only appointments. You will need to become an established patient for any type of evaluation.
- Before you consider a visit with us please note we are a fee for service practice and do not directly take any health insurance. You may still be able to file for reimbursement if you have a private health plan with out of network benefits.
- To proceed with scheduling a visit complete the new patient forms (green button upper right hand corner of this website). We will contact you to schedule once we have reviewed your information if your concerns are appropriate to our scope of care. If you complete the new patient forms and do not hear from us within 48 hours please call the office.
- I have limited patient appointments available and I am truly sorry for any disappointment this may cause. I hope you will use the RESOURCES tab on this website to find the help you need and recommend you contact your pediatrician or specialists in the community (psychiatrists, neurologists, psychologists, and other behavioral health providers) who can provide assessments for pediatric patients with special health care needs, if we are unable to accommodate you.
We continue to offer Telehealth visits upon request or if you are unable to comply with our office policies. At this time in person new patient visits are available if the parent attending is vaccinated. Two parents may attend if both are vaccinated. We require masking throughout the evaluation for children 2-12 years to protect them and model this behavior for their benefit. We know this is an evolving area of guidance from the CDC and other health authorities, and our policies will change reflecting the best available information for our setting.
If you have a Telehealth appointment please read this Telehealth Visit Guide . Below is our telehealth link. You can use it on any device. The same link can be used by multiple parties from different locations for the visit.
Telehealth Link – https://doxy.me/draronsonramos
AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER EVALUATIONS
We sympathize with parents who are frustrated by insurance barriers to obtaining necessary therapies for their child with autism. We are working diligently to advocate for more widely available services and elimination of insurance requirements for unnecessary testing. However, we are unable to provide a one time visit only for a CDE ( Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation). If you join my practice as a patient and need a CDE please discuss this with us BEFORE scheduling to be sure we can provide you what is needed. Testing is limited to younger children on the spectrum and every health plan has different requirements. If you are my patient and I am unable to provide the testing needed, you will be provided referrals to other clinicians who can do so. Below is the list of tests we provide at this time. Please note we are currently not performing the ADOS test due to constraints with Covid (a mask cannot be worn for this assessment) and young children remain unvaccinated.
Autism Specific Tests
CARS 2- Childhood Autism Rating Scale
SRS 2- Social Responsiveness Scale
GARS 3 – Gilliam Autism Rating Scale 3
Preschool language screener (PLS)
Judith Aronson-Ramos, M.D., is a Board Certified Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrician. Her medical practice is devoted exclusively to the evaluation and treatment of pediatric patients with challenges in learning, behavior, development, and social-emotional functioning. Dr. Aronson-Ramos has been in practice for over 27 years and is acutely aware of the need for individualized and comprehensive care for children and families provided in a supportive and compassionate setting.
During your consultation if a definitive diagnosis is not evident, Dr Aronson-Ramos will focus on practically addressing the problem areas. Treatment always supersedes finding the perfect diagnostic “fit”. You will be provided specific recommendations and resources at each visit.
To obtain reimbursement from your health insurance we provide you with an invoice (via our patient portal) which contains billable medical codes that you can submit to your private health plan. This does not apply to Medicaid, CMS, and other government insurances. A Health Savings Account, Gardiner Scholarship, or designated medical savings account may be used to pay for your visit as well as cash or credit card. We are mindful of the escalating costs of health care and the burden on families. Our fees are slightly below the standard for the local private pay medical community. We provide you with the highest level of service possible in exchange for entrusting your child’s care with our practice . If you are unable to be a part of our practice, we recommend you look explore our website for helpful information, especially at the RESOURCES tab on our website for local services and additional help.
On a personal note, my daughter would like to share her blog with families to provide hope and inspiration Sarah Ramos’ personal story of inspiration